St. James Campus
ST. JAMES CAMPUS
Pre-K thru 8th Grade
715 North 57th Avenue West, Duluth
Julianne Blazevic (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Rev. James Bissonette, Pastor
SCHOOL DAY: 7:40 AM – 2:10 PM
3 Days/week (Monday/Wednesday/Friday) This section of Pre-K gives priority to children 4-5 years of age by September 1. This program focuses on preparation for children entering Kindergarten the following year.
2 Days/week (Tuesday/Thursday) This section of Pre-K is recommended for children of mixed ages, priority given to those age 4 and up. Children must be at least 3 years of age by September 1 and completely potty-trained.
KINDERGARTEN: Three full days or five full days
FAITH FORMATION: Weekly Mass, daily religious instruction, first Friday Rosary, Stations of the Cross and prayer services
BUSING: Within Duluth city limits, west of Mesaba Avenue and south of Highway 53
EXTENDED DAY PROGRAM: Before and after school, 6:30 AM to 7:30 AM and 2:15 PM to 5:30 PM, supervised by licensed teachers.
LUNCH OPTIONS: Full hot lunch available daily; free and reduced-price lunches available to qualifying families
ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS AND OTHER HIGHLIGHTS:
• Average class size: 15 students
• Band lessons available, beginning in third grade
• Piano lessons available, beginning in first grade
• Title I reading and math remedial programs
• Accommodations to challenge accelerated learners
• Special emphasis on fostering a love for the outdoors
• Full media center with desktop units and wireless laptops
• Enhanced middle school offerings: art, algebra, music, phy ed, choir and Spanish
• Middle school activities: running club, lock-ins, monthly community service, monthly field trips, student activities board and annual ski trip
Stella Maris Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.