St. John the Evangelist Campus
ST. JOHN'S CAMPUS
5th thru 8th Grade
1 West Chisholm Street, Duluth
Principal, Jesse Murray (Jesse.email@example.com)
Rev. Richard Kunst, Pastor
SCHOOL DAY: 7:40 AM – 2:30 PM
FAITH FORMATION: Weekly Mass, daily religious instruction and prayer services
BUSING: Busing is available within the city of Duluth and some surrounding areas.
Please call for more information.
EXTENDED DAY PROGRAM: After-school Extended Day programming is available for all students until 5:30 PM.
LUNCH OPTIONS: Hot lunch and milk are offered daily. Microwaves are available for those with cold lunch.
ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS AND OTHER HIGHLIGHTS:
- Accelerated middle school curriculum in language, English and math preparing students for honors/accelerated high school classes, that include Spanish II, French II, Honors English, and Geometry/Algebra II
- Middle school fine arts program offers art, band, choir, drama, and strings
- Specialized education in the performing arts, general education, science and history
- Private instruction available for piano, band, strings and academic tutoring (separate fee)
- Various enrichment and athletic opportunities, including Spelling Team competition, Math Team competition, History Day and Science Fair, athletic tournaments (during school), assemblies and service projects
- Average class size: 20 students
- Teachers trained in Developmental Designs Advisory program, guiding students in meaningful communication and effective social behaviors
- Technology includes 1:1 technology for all students (provided by the academy) combined with SMARTBoard and SMARTPanels for in class presentations
- Student development through meaningful and relevant programming: Virtuous Leadership program, Peacemakers conflict resolution, Theology of the Body, service projects and character development (integrity, independence, interdependence, leadership)
- Parent portal system for regular communication, daily homework, student progress and grades
Stella Maris Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.